Don’t Let Your Eyes Dry Out
Pack & Bianes Optometry Eastlake can diagnose your dry eyes and help you find relief. Get ready to enjoy life’s most precious moments without eye discomfort. Contact us now.
Why Are My Eyes Dry?
Occasional dryness in your eye area shouldn’t be a cause for concern, but if it happens often, you might have chronic dry eye syndrome. This problem occurs when your tears can’t lubricate your eyes properly—either because you don’t have enough tears or because their quality is poor.
Factors Associated with Dry Eyes
You could face higher risks for dry eyes if you:
- Over 50 years old
- Have hepatitis C, a vitamin A deficiency, or certain vascular diseases
- Have changing hormones from pregnancy, menopause, postmenopausal estrogen treatments, or an androgen insufficiency
- Are currently taking antihistamines, certain medications, or stem cell therapy
- Have previously had corneal surgery or been exposed to radiation (including from chemotherapy)
Common Dry Eye Therapies
Pack & Bianes Optometry Eastlake can recommend and provide numerous therapies for dry eyes, including:
- Artificial tears: Eye drops that lubricate the eye’s surface and have been shown to mitigate multiple dry eye symptoms.
- Steroids: Anti-inflammatory medications that can significantly reduce dry eye symptoms.
- Punctal Plugs: Devices that block your tear ducts and can slow down the rate at which your tears drain. Punctal plugs can increase the efficacy of topical dry eye therapies when used at the same time.
- Heat Masks: Devices that use heat and mild pressure to fight inflammation from dry eyes.
- Scleral Lenses: Lenses that create a fluid-filled space over the cornea. Scleral lenses often the most comfortable contact lens type for those with dry eyes.
- Eyelid-Cleansing Wipes: Single-use cloths soaked in a soothing solution and designed to increase the efficacy of other dry eye therapies.
Check Us Out in Chula Vista
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed