Make Better Use of Your Eyes
Most people think strong vision means having 20/20 eyesight, but the way you use your eyes also matters. Vision therapy helps you build visual skills to better control your eyes and improve how you interpret what you’re seeing.
It’s time to make the most of your vision. Reach out to our practice to learn more about how vision therapy can benefit you.
How Can Vision Therapy Help?
- Strabismus: a vision problem characterized by eyes that point in different directions.
- Amblyopia: a complication of uncorrected strabismus that causes the brain to ignore input from one eye in favor of the other.
- Convergence insufficiency: a problem that occurs when the eyes fail to coordinate during near vision tasks.
- Accommodative insufficiency: a problem that occurs when the eyes are unable to maintain focus during near vision tasks.
Can Anyone Get Vision Therapy?
Yes! Anyone with functional vision can try vision therapy. In addition to those with strabismus, amblyopia, convergence insufficiency, and accommodative insufficiency, vision therapy may benefit people who have:
What Happens During Vision Therapy?
Most vision therapy sessions are less than an hour long and take place at our clinic. Our eye doctors will provide you with custom eye exercises based on your needs and goals. Your vision therapy session may involve:
- Targets with electronic timers
- Therapeutic lenses
- Balance boards
- Filters, prisms, eyepatches, or other visual occluders
You may also be able to perform some of your vision therapy exercises at home or online, after we’ve taught you how to do them properly.
Check Us Out in Chula Vista
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed